pRiMe DiReCtIvE
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 301387
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza HB
Black/Dark Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
I found the plastic steering wheel on my 2012 Impreza Sport Premium to be too thin and too slippery. In addition, the grooves that Subaru molded into the steering wheel digs into my palms and fingers, which gets uncomfortable (especially on a road trip).

I decided to install a Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover. Here's the result:

Now the wheel is thick, grippy, and I don't feel the groove anymore!

If you decide to do this yourself, I suggest ordering the cover from:

http://www.dccarcare.com/whlskns.html

The price at this web site is cheaper than the official Wheelskins site, and the proprietor of this site (Don) is very helpful and customer focused.

I installed my cover using the Baseball Stitch technique, which Don documents very well on his web site. If you tell Don that you plan to use this stitch on your cover, he will send an extra roll of thread and a 2nd needle (the baseball stitch requires twice as much thread than the standard stitch shown in the Wheelskins documentation).

I bought an Original Wheelskin, in black, which matches my Impreza's interior very nicely. If you have the same wheel as me, then you want to order the 14-1/2" x 4" size. Installation took me approximately 4 hours, using the baseball stitch. I'm sure the basic stitch would take considerably less time, but wouldn't look as nice (IMHO).

Hope this helps.
That's beautiful. Also, where did you get that shift knob? Is it a short shift kit also? Looks great.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
pRiMe DiReCtIvE is offline   Reply With Quote