Ok so ihave a 2004 wrx wagon with a complete sti swap. I just drove from southern california up to washington state. l
Here is a complete list of upgrades:
* 2.5 motor built by Outfront Motorsports (10k since build)
* CP 100M forged pistons
* ACL race bearings
* Perrin Rotated GT30r Turbo Kit
* Perrin fuel rails
* PE 850CC injectors
* Perrin up pipe AND down pipe
* Perrin front mount intercooler
* SMC methanol injection kit - connected, not being used
* HKS boost control unit
* STi oil intercooler JDM
* Koyo radiator
* Perrin equal length headers
* Borla hush exhaust system 3.5 inch piping, no cats
* 50mm BOV
* Turbo timer
* 2004 STI six speed manual transmission
* race 5th and 6th gears from Japan
* Cusco engine transmission mounts
* Exedy Stage1 HD clutch
* Brembo big front and rear brakes
* Hawk racing brake pads
* Ray's TE 37 Volk racing rims 17 x 8.5
* StopTech front slotted rotors, STi back rotors, Steel Lines
* Prodrive Springs on KYB adjustable struts
* White line front and rear strut bar
* White line front and rear adjustable sway bar
* White line rear adjustable lateral links - currently not installed
* White line steering bushings
I Had NO issues all the way up to the washington border then all of a sudden the car started squeeking every time i changed lanes or turned the wheel slightly. I was thinking loose belt or low fluid. so i pulled over and tightened the belt and checked all my fluids and all of them were full. with about 160 miles left in my trip i started driving again and the noise comes back except this time way worse and louder. then it just keeps getting worse were its squeeking extremly loud on the freeway with me just going straight.
i finally make it to a buddys house and as i slow down and pull into the parking lot every turn is a nightmare. the slow turns just sound like almost grinding metal on metal from the steering rack. and now the dam check engine light has turned on.
i leave the car for 45 mins and go to drive it home and its super grindy comeing out of the parking lot and i LOSE BRAKE PRESSUre!! and have to pump the brakes a bit. and on the 5 min drive every thing in the front end seems to be makeing noise even the struts and suspension
the weird thing is its still really easy to steer its not like it went stiff or hard so i am confused
thought it might be the pump but if the pump wasnt working neither would the power steering
ive searched and it seems like no one has had this issue they just have a loose belt or whiney not supper loud pump
is my pump going out?
air in the lines?
my steering rack gone to ****?