Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #42
gabedude
Scooby Guru

Member#: 10108
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
07 STI
60Trim spun rod bearing

I thought about going twinscroll, but I opted against it for now. I wanted the larer 25G compressor wheel coupled with the TD06-SL2 turbine. It makes awesome TQ on the forums I have read, and pulls till redline. People with multiple different cars are all pretty much making over 400WHP, 450WTQ on that turbo. The 60-1 compressor wheel is the highest flowing they have, but it has a good amount of lag compared to the 25G wheel and not much more top end (50 WHP at the most). I wanted the 20G like powerband, just shifted to the right a bit. The STS type turbo I ordered should make the powerband fatter than the non-STS. I can always slap a twinscroll turbine housing on my sl2-25G.

You can D/L the Kamak catalog from their site to see what turbos they offer from here. It seems for the most part (for 2012 at least) the Kinugawa branded turbos are typically the "STD TYPE" and the Kamak branded turbos are the "STS Type". The STS type has the billet compressor wheel, billet turbo actuator (looks similar to the forge motorsport actuator; user can change the spring), and the GTX billet aluminum superback compressor wheel. You can get the STS type from Kinugawa directly, but they are not advertised on Kinugawa's website; only the STD type is. Downloading both the 2001 and 2012 catalog heps to see what they offer (Kinugawa or Kamak).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gabedude is offline   Reply With Quote