Member#: 261241
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2014 C63 AMG
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom16 View Post
do you have the pic you fit the fuel line
Hey Man, I never took pics of that process; I should've now that you bring it up.

There are two ways you can go about this:

the first way (what I recommend, also what I did) is replace the entire fuel system. gut the inside of the car, including the floor carpets, seats (front and rear, and remove the seat brackets. once the carpeting is out of the car, you'll see the fuel lines that were running underneath the carpet on the driver side. they are pretty easy to remove.

What I did is I found a used 04 tank, fuel controller, fuel lines and fuel pump for like 50 bucks. since I wasnt sure what I could keep and what needed to be changed out at the time I replaced everything, including the tank, fuel pump controller, changed the fuel pump to a walbro.

route the new 3 fuel lines in the same place as the ones you take out and connect the controller and the pump to the appropriate wiring.

The second way to do this is just to add a custom return line. The 06 2.5i only has 1 fuel line because it is a return-less fuel system whereas the wrx has a return style fuel system, and its fuel regulator is on the fuel rail.

technically you can put something like a t-fitting on the pump line to the main pump and run another line that syncs up to the motor and have no issues.

Whichever is easier for you. keep in mind you if you go the second route, you will still need to replace the pump and assembly around it as the old pump won't pump enough fuel for a WRX/STi motor. If you are planning on modding the car later after the swap (eg, Cobb stage 1/2, or tuning ect) you might as well put in a walbro pump now.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by radd269; 08-06-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: .
radd269 is offline   Reply With Quote