Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
aigochamaloh
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 188167
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru Legacy
1987 Toyota MR2

I too was lucky enough to be chosen by Nitto to sample their Motivo tires. I filled out the form after seeing the sticky in the Warranty subforum here. The process was simple, and I got my tires next day. Had them mounted and have a couple things to say early on.

The tires are on my Legacy and I have them in 225/45R17. I had Kumho ASTs on there before the change, and straight off the bat, the Motivos are eerily quiet compared to the ASTs or anything I've had on the car. I thought the ASTs were quiet, coming from the BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S, which were banshees on crack, but the Motivos are silent.

The Motivos are also sticky as hell. Much more than the ASTs that's for sure, and even more so than the Continental ExtremeContact DWS I've had on another car. They are amazingly sticky for being an all-season tire. I think it would even stickier than some of the more budget oriented dedicated summer tires. Going from the ASTs to the Motivos reminded me of going from Direzza DZ101s to Hankook RS-3's on my MR2, it is just a huge difference.

The treadwear rating at 560 is ridiculous, they should last a very long time, as I usually am able to drive other tires longer than their warranty mileages. And I love the fact that they are not directional and I can cross-rotate them across all four corners.

It'll be nice to see how they handle when the rain and snow comes.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
aigochamaloh is offline   Reply With Quote