View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
RPT111
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328948
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX

Default V1 AP, old map, and neutral safety switch. Oh my!!!

Hi, I'm not exactly new I was on years ago and just stopped working on my car.

Anyway, to the point.

I have an 04 WRX. Recently my neutral safety switch has been throwing a code out P0851 (low vaults). So I took the car to a few places to get this error code fixed.

First, I went to a car audio place. I have remote start on my car. So, I thought they could fix the issue. They said all wiring was good. It was a mechanical issue.

Second, I took my car to a mechanic. They checked everything out, replaced two pins and worked on all the grounds in my car.

I drove my car around and the check engine light came on with the same error code. I was a little angry that the second place just didn't replace the switch. They will be after the phone call I gave them today. No extra charge btw.

Now, my question is. Even if this error 0851 comes back can I have someone remove that error code on the AP V1 map I am running? The map has long since been off my computer and I will have to upload it off of the AP's memory. I have had this map for years and I have never had an issue with it. It is a custom tune I had done many years ago.

I have thought of upgrading to AP V2, but it looks like my old map will not work with the new hardware/software. Also, I would really not want to pay for a new tune. I don't care much for speed anymore. I rather just have no error codes now.

Any help will be great. I hope I did not leave out any major information.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RPT111 is offline   Reply With Quote