Scooby Guru

Member#: 134949
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
'07 SWP STi
Instagram | arthurlam89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTurboLag? View Post
when i broke 3rd gear i thought long and hard about selling it for a new 5.0 mustang or a MKIV supra, but i just couldnt do it. my GF loves my car as much as i do and i need somehting with 4 doors that is safe. and this is it in every way.

also 2 questions for you i might have missed. did the long rod motor, even though its a 2.5 still hurt spool like the 2.3's do?

and which short shifter do you have? the super expensive "competition" group n one or just the regular "sti" one?
We had it on the dyno and it pretty much spooled identical to my old 2.5. Free rev'ing it, it seems to increase and decrease in revs a bit faster. I had it up to 8400rpm in 2nd yesterday and it felt awesome.

It's the group N shifter. I think it's the best shifter you could ever buy! Smooth in every gear, excellent engagement, very little play. Definitely super solid. Pair it with some group n engine mounts and group n transmission mount, even launching in 1st with your hand off the shifter it barely moves left and right.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
alcoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote