Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #7716
chanomatik
Scooby Guru

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Hahaha You guys are funny. The reason I keep moving away from stock is because I haven't been able to AFFORD stock. Shipping to Alaska sucks and this car has pretty much been a bit of a money pit. We don't have a whole lot of wheel choices up here, and I'm already VERY picky. None of those DPT, Grids, RPF1 wheels are appealing to me, but they're up here. The bronze Enkei that I had were cool, but only because they had slim spokes and were cheap. I HATE lips on wheels. Such a waste of design. I love it when the spokes reach to the outer edges.

I didn't start working full-time again until November 2011 and I got into paying too much rent and travelling too far to work for commute starting in September of 2011. Now I'm working full-time and moving to where rent will be significantly cheaper, trying to decide where I'll go next and how much longer I want to stay in Alaska. Not to mention that our octane sucks as well as rising gas prices.

Because of all this, recent woes and changing life situations, I'm selling the car, so I don't really care about the actual size of the wheels mounted. Every person interested seems more interested in how the car LOOKS, always asking, "Are those Legacy wheels coming with the car?"

So, aggressive offset at 17x7.5 seems to work when compared to stock set up. Car is being put back to stock and detuned as well, so I won't be nearly as inclined to drive it after it's fixed. It'll just sit in the yard trying not to close in on the last 1.5k miles before it's out of the basic warranty, just in case a buyer REALLY wants to buy an extended warranty (pointless, in my opinion, but it's their choice).

These would be EXCELLENT winter wheels, for sure. Depending on what I get next I'm thinking of picking up some local Enkei GTC01 18x7.5 +45 with Continental DW tires.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by chanomatik; 08-14-2012 at 08:47 PM.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote