gggplaya
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139444
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikataganai View Post
My apologies for misusing the term. I was mislead by Toyota calling it 4WD Lock themselves... I guess "instant clutch pack full engagement mode" didn't have the same ring to the button namers.

http://rav4world.com/pdf/2006/2006_4wdsystem.pdf
Which is exactly why i felt the need to clarify. If no one were to step up and clarify, then people would go on thinking the wrong assumption. There was no animosity and i wasn't being argumentative with my post, so i really don't understand why quentinberg007 harped on me for it.

"Lock" is a better word to use from toyota's standpoint as it works in their favor when people read it without asking what it exactly does. It only works under 25mph anyways, so from my standpoint i wouldn't even weigh that into my car buying decision. Most car companies 4wd systems aren't as dumb as you think. Some will sense the first few times you slip while leaving your house, then engage into a 4wd scheme similar to toyota's "locK" mode and stay active until it senses no slipping for so many minutes. And in snow or light off roading, you will have slip regardless of 4wd engagement or not.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote