Old 08-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #336
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Dropping the top half of the downpipe and APS up pipe to get to turbo oil drain hose to fix the leak I found on initial start up. That stupid oil drain hose is a bear to get to, I tried to shortcut the job and see if it was possible to reattach the hose without removing these components but I was unable to. I am so happy I will be upgrading my new turbo to stainless steel lines and AN fittings, if I wasn't every hose connection would be properly secured with at least worm style clamps to give some semblence of reliability. I can not believe an oil line (albeit one under low pressure) is secured with spring clamps in such a high temp area. Fortunately, I am getting to know the lil wrx pretty good and can drop these parts in a relatively short amount of time. Believe it or not, that was one of the reasons I did so much of the job myself, I really wanted to get to know the car like I do my little 240sx. I can confidently say I am getting pretty close to that familiarity level after this job.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote