View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #2646
Scooby Guru
Member#: 261612
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Originally Posted by mattw278 View Post
Just because were on the subject I put my hands up to each of my muffler tips while my car was running, the two outer pipes (so if they were lined up 1-2-3-4, 1 and 4) seemed to have the most flow, so maybe the quad is somewhat useless, restrictive even, I don't know just a thought. I have the SPT for reference, I am considering getting a custom dual exhaust from a local muffler shop in hopes that it will sound like the nameless muffler delete system, but it'll probably sound like crap and be way too loud for highway use.
I always thought the flow was decently even out of the SPT. I figured it was a fairly open design in the muffler, so it just came out where it came out. Having extra tips in that scenerio wouldn't be an extra restriction.

Originally Posted by Jdub.csu View Post
After seeing some of the exhaust jobs people get around here I would never get custom exhaust work lol. Id rather pay the extra money for something I know won't look like ****.
Yeah, the cheap jobs are cheap. If you get 304 SS and mandrel bends you will probably pay more than you would for something like a Nameless. I was seriously considering a 3" midpipe to go with the SPT muffler for a while. That seemed like it had a lot of potential (decent flow, good sound, fairly quiet).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote