Scooby Newbie

Member#: 229178
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX Hatch
Spark Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkyzer View Post
Thanks for posting the video. I have the exact same squeak coming from my clutch and it started about 5 days ago. My squeak does occur whenever the care is running or when switched off.

Did you ever find out what was causing the squeak and how to correct it?
I have been talking to the dealer for the last couple weeks (had issues with them because they were unable to diagnose what was wrong), and took the car to them yesterday. They told me that it was most likely the firewall welds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnsamiam View Post
I am also having this squeaking noise coming from my 08 WRX. It only happens when it's hot outside. Should I get the clutch replaced? If I do will this get rid of the noise?
I would take it to the dealer. It may be the firewall and if so then the dealer will repair it under warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKNICK View Post
Does it sound different if your car sits for a few days? I was told mine was from corrosion, and I get the most creaking if the car has sat for a week or more.
Before (4 weeks ago) the noise would come and go randomly. Now its there all the time and usually sounds the same. I drive everyday to work so the most it sits is overnight so its hard to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave07 View Post
Hey man I'm kind of having the squeak that you are.

Now, these cars have had a problem with cracked firewalls causing a squeaky clutch. There are a lot of threads about that. I have checked for welds being cracked underneath my Windshield wiper cowl and they look fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXllb...ature=youtu.be

The noise in the video is coming from under the intercooler. As you can see the Clutch Master Cylinder moves a little bit (but the noise is coming from under the intercooler). Any thoughts on this?
This sounds so similar to mine! A buddy and I tried to find if we could hear/see where the noise was coming from but were unsuccessful. It seemed to me like it was behind the intercooler. Like i said earlier, try taking it to the dealer and hopefully they can help.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kgounden is offline   Reply With Quote