Old 08-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #464
Davenow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekilljoydammit View Post
Hmm, can't believe there's still debate on this thread. Oh wait, yes I can, because people who will never drive their cars in anger want an excuse for bling.

I still want upgraded calipers and rotors, but that's more because I like a stiffer pedal and because I want them than for any *good* reason.
Upgrading them because you want a firmer pedal than lines can give you, or because you want the look, its a completely legit reason.

Upgrading them because you added power and think that in a panic stop they will stop you any sooner, isn't

So you wanting them because you want a firmer pedal, the first thing I would tell you to do is lines and a fluid flush. Damn near every car on the road, even a lot of the new ones from a dealer, could use a good bleed.

If you can't do lines RIGHT NOW, call a buddy to come help you do a good bleed in the next couple days. You may find that your pedal gets better from just that. Which means you can enjoy a firmer (at least firmer than it is now) sooner, rather than later.

Then do lines when you get the funds.

But the biggest thing that will firm up your pedal will be fixed mount front calipers. The cheapest way to get that would be the front calipers from an 06-07 WRX. That plus lines and a good flush will give you a pedal like the STI has. (speaking from experience there)

But it wont stop you any shorter
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote