Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1984 That's *Sir*
Weinerlicks of Douche 2u.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
I will never ever get one of those kid carrier type car seats. My boys are to big, and besides i don't mind wearing them. its easier on my wrist and back. I sometimes feel lie a marsupial, but my back and wrist thanks me for it constantly. Heck, our stroller is a double wide and it folds flatter than a small golf club bag.
We have a carrier because someone gave it to us.. we use it for multi-stop trips around town where getting the baby buckled and unbuckled at every stop would significantly increase the amount of time we spend running errands.

The rest of the time she's strapped into a convertible seat that's far safer, cushier, takes up much less room and will last until she's 70lbs. It actually fits in the back of our MCS (oh, look.. a FWD BMW!) with enough room for me (6'2") to sit in front of it for short trips without complaining. My wife (5'4") has legroom to spare.

It's a Maxi-Cosi Pria 70.. and yes, she actually gets buckled in when we aren't just doing a test fit. There's about a 1" gap between the Pria 70 and the front seat in those pics.

Our other car is a Mazda5.. plenty of room for a couple with a baby, baby accouterment and a 60lb dog. I wouldn't give this BMW a second glance if it doesn't have sliding doors.. I don't understand the hatred for them by automakers.. but they're the main reason to own a van, IMO. I'm looking at you, R-class. Who wants the looks of a van without the utility?

I'm still waiting for Subaru to wake up and build a proper minivan. Other than a BRZ, there's nothing I'd buy from them right now.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote