nolant
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 124118
Vehicle:
02 wrx wagon
MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02CWRX
Just curious, but how to the shrouds attach to the projectors? I haven't seen that part mentioned before. Then again, I haven't read too many of these. Also, does the rear boot and such fit back on the rear of the lights or are they weather tight without it?

Nice job on the write-up! I plan to do the retrofit to my car sometime, and I too planned to try out running the lights without the extra mounting holes to see how they would work out.

~T.J.
The shrouds attach to the projectors with the included shroud-centric rings available from theretrofitsource.com. Look into them - they make it so you don't have to glue/epoxy the shrouds to the projector. Basically, they just snap onto the front of the projector.

The stock rear boot is used in this application, and I didn't mod the rear of the headlights at all.

The ability to mount the morimoto minis through the stock hole in the reflector bowl is one of the main reasons I went with that projector. I highly recommend the retrofit to anyone with moderate mechanical skills.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nolant is offline   Reply With Quote