Blitz2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 140007
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
GBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceywilly View Post
Awesome shots. You're spot on about the WRB getting a lot of attention, the cops in the small town I grew up pull me over pretty much every time I go back there in my WRX, but I have never gotten a single ticket. They just see a WRB car with a loud exhaust and assume I must be a punk. That definitely was part of why I went with SWP for the BRZ. The galaxy blue is an awesome looking color on this car, the first one I saw in person was GBS and I was pretty close to switching. So far the only thing I'm really missing from my WRX is the sound of my Stromung exhaust and the cheap parts.

I came from my stage 2 legacy gt... I miss the quiet highway ride and the 0-60 in 5.3 times. I also just miss the car - I did everything with it, vacations, road trips, ice racing, 70mph sideways on a frozen lake like nothing... I have a sneaking suspicion I won't want to / be able to do that in the brz. I also just realized they are only importing 6k of them for the first batch. ...I'm just waiting the coveted sti version (which I'll need). But for now, awesome handling and 30mpg will do just fine for me.

even w/ the GBS, it turns heads around here (upstate NY) where I work... but definitely not as much as the WRB would. I took an sti for a test drive a few years back when I was looking at getting rid of the wrx for an sti or legacy spec b - I quite literally pulled out of the lot and had a cop blow a red light to chase me and follow me for the next few miles. I turned around, gave the keys to the dealership and told them it's going to be a legacy - didn't need that kind of attention, heh. Then I found out the spec b had twice the insurance of a regular legacy w/o any extra speed... and that awful blue interior.

well... I'm going to go back to drooling over turbo kits, work wheels and go pro setups.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Blitz2 is offline   Reply With Quote