Scooby Newbie

Member#: 278439
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 4dr Stage2+
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ View Post
I'd love to see someone that's burned up diffs and wheel bearings. I've searched for it and all I can find is people saying not to do it and it will kill things, but I haven't been able to find real proof of it happening. Maybe I just suck at searching though.
Its not just Subaru's. People in the Quattro crowd have the same issues. When you run a staggered setup cornering at high speeds causes additional stress(Torque) on the center differential which will cause it to become damaged or break. It has to do with distribution of Torque on the center differential. With varying widths and sizes you change the torque distribution and the center differential is what suffers from it. As far as the wheel bearing failure in order to match rolling diameters and offsets you most likely will be using some weird combinations that weren't intended by the OEM. Wheel bearing failure can also happen when the offset strays too far from the OEM value where there are problems with the scrub radius which causes a suspension geometry change as well as extra wear on control arms and wheel bearings.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Improbus is offline   Reply With Quote