Blitz2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 140007
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
GBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
That's precisely why I ordered a WRB BRZ. My WRX was sleepy because of the silver paint and wagon body style, despite the JDM scoop, loud exhaust, and gold wheels. I feel like this car deserves the attention. I also disagree on GBS. Saw it in person the other day and it just looked DULL. Not classy, pretty, sleepy, or cool; just dull.

FWIW, I saw a Stromung prototype on one vendor's car. They're here on NASIOC and FT86Club, but I'd have to search to find the name. Allegedly Stromung will be producing an exhaust, but as you probably know, the headers will prevent it from sounding like a WRX.
I have to say it looks plain jane when it's overcast and is drizzling. But when you wash and wax it and take it into the sun, the amount of flake is simply amazing and the color really pops. the WRB is a beautiful blue, don't get me wrong - but here in a relatively small town, the cops will chase that car / color. I test drove an 05 WRB sti years ago, quite literally pulled out of the dealership, and had a cop blow a red light to follow and tailgate me within 200ft of the dealership. If I want attention I'll hop in my stupid loud MR2... but for day to day, I like to be a little more subtle. Then again, the BRZ will get attention once I lower it, put on some volks and never slow down for turns.

I will re-post after this weekend at auto-x. It should be 85 and sunny, providing some nice color.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Blitz2 is offline   Reply With Quote