12WRXXX
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 329884
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Limited 5dr
Ice Silver Metallic

My experience with South Coast Subaru... Please read, I know its long...

-December 2010 I purchased a 2011 Forester XT premium from South Coast Subaru. When I bought the car I put down a cash down payment and financed the rest. After driving away I got a call 5 days later saying that my interest rate went up a whole 3%...not good.

-3 months later- First service. The super rude condescending service clerk had his mechanic put 0W20 oil in a turbo engine...it specifically states on the oil cap to use 5W30 synth only! after arguing with him he asured me that it was fine and that it did not need to be flushed. The clerk mentioned above was fired shortly after this.

-next service- I specifically told the service clerk to not wash my vehicle and they did anyways and it came out with millions of swirl scratch marks covering 100% of the paint surface.

-jump forward to 16k miles and the turbo blows out on the highway, take it in and they replace the turbo.

-When i got home i looked over all of my service records only to find that the majority of my oil changes were done with 0W20.

-I went to South Coast Subaru and talked to the service manager, the GM, and the OWNER who was the rudest of all. They basically told me I was an idiot and that 0W20 is fine in a turbo engine and if i didnt like the way they serviced vehicles to go somewhere else...after they trashed my brand new car.

-SUBARU OF AMERICA comes to the rescue

- SOA requested all of my paperwork for services and they did an investigation. They found South Coast Subaru to be in the wrong and SOA offered me 3 car payments and a 7-year 100k mile warranty and my car to be fixed properly for my troubles. After having my car in the shop for about 3 weeks they could not figure out a solution to fix it and had to deem at a LEMON because of what South Coast Subaru did to it.

- A week later SOA gave me a check for a 100% refund for my vehicle and a guarantee for a complementary 7 year 100k mile warranty if I purchased another Subaru.

- Thank you SOA for making this situation right in a timely manner. You have a Subaru owner for life!

- South Coast Subaru...I hope SOA pulls your guys' contract because you guys aren't competent enough to service your own vehicles. Your customer service is probably the worst I have ever had to deal with in my whole life.

- If you live in Orange County and you want a Subaru, go visit the peeps at Irvine Subaru. They are super professional and they take care of their customers...especially their cars.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
12WRXXX is offline   Reply With Quote