xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
10.9s @ 128mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdpvw View Post
I love my Alien Bee's. The 1600s are perfect for all of my needs. They are rugged, decently consistent, and one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to lighting. I'm also very much in love with my vagabond mini. It just became a pain to lug around the vagabond II.
I've been thinking very hard about getting some AB's and Vagabond's lately. My wife wants them for weddings, but I'm sure I could find some other uses for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by INKMAN View Post
I like it too. It just seems odd without the reflections of the side of the car though, like the paint is flat. I think it's because I'm so use to seeing it the other way.

sorry, talking about xluben's photo.
Yeah, it looks really flat, but I think with a little more work I can get it how I want. I think I need to try and keep some highlights for detail, but kill all the obnoxious window reflections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdpvw View Post
Really liking the pic xluben! No idea why I never thought of combining multiple photos with a CP filter before.
I've done it before with multiple flash exposures to get the whole car lit. It's basically the opposite for this. For these I just did a basic "Darken" blend mode and then a few tweaks to individual layers that I wanted to change.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote