View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Swift2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 135432
Vehicle:
2006 WRX STI Limited
Urban Grey

The last thing I wanted to do was to bring out the rumble sound as I have always been a huge fan of the boxer noise. I looked at what was available in terms of legal exhausts and I could either get an certified Invidia Q300 or some swiss made exhaust for a lot of money ($1300+). Aftermarket downpipes are also pretty much a no-no (very illegal). Obviously, because of strict sound regulations, none of those would have satisfied my need for the boxer noise. I had to go illegal!

I researched really extensively online to try and see what sounds I preferred the most. In the end I got the Invidia N1 street exhaust, the canister wasn’t too big, it was quite discreet and it sounds awesome!

Here are come mounted pics:

Further back with the view

Basically at this point my Stage 1 modifications are completed. I am happy with the car for the moment (although I want more power) of course interior/exterior needed a lot of work still.

I have always had an urge to really build up this car as the Subaru Impreza model provides the one of the highest amount of customization possible and has great community.

So.. I've placed a big order.... surprise

In the following posts I will document Stage 2 of my modification process
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Swift2 is offline   Reply With Quote