arsa13
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Subaru Stars Future '13 Impreza premium owner

Hello everyone! I'm new here, but not to forums in general.

In mid-July I went car shopping, and decided on an Impreza 2.0 premium to replace my '03 Saab 9-3 Arc.

Wednesday night (8/22) I sold the Saab for $5700. I wish I'd got more for the car, but I don't think I did that bad considering it can take months to get parts for any Saab now that they're out of business. That was the main reason I sold the car by the way.

On 8/8 I put in an order with Grand Subaru for a 2013 Impreza Premium, 5-speed stick.
Marine Blue Pearl with:
- All-Weather Package: Windshield wiper de-icer, heated side mirrors and heated front seats.
- Alloy Wheel Package: 17-inch alloy wheels, leather-wrapped - steering wheel and shifter handle.
- Moonroof: Power tilt/sliding-glass moonroof.
- Fog Light Kit
- Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass
- Roof Spoiler

I'd like to get the following for the car within the next year or so.
- Rear Cargo Tray - I'll probably just skip the cheap option in favor of this
- Python 574 remote start/car alarm
- Sport Mesh Grille
- Rear Seat Back Protector
- Crossbar Set - Fixed (in spring, Thule or Yakima?)
- Bike Carrier Roof Mounted (in spring, Thule or Yakima?)
- Sunshade (Maybe- If it's worth it and makes a temp. difference in the summer)
- Center Console Tray
- weathertech floor mats? Husky?
- Splash Guards
- Hood Protector (Maybe)
- Side Sill Plates (Yes I know it's a waste of money, but I think it helps complete the car.)
- Rear Bumper Applique (Maybe)
- Moonroof Air Deflector (Maybe)
- Body Side Molding (Still Debating)

I have a few questions I was hoping to get some feedback on regarding the following:

1) I read that the 'typical' time to expect shipment of a brand new Subaru is anywhere from 2-12 weeks. The average time is right around 6 weeks according to threads from several years ago. Being in the midwest and that I placed my order on the day the system opened up for the 2013 model year (8/8/12), what kind of time frame should I expect? I've already called the dealer once a week so far and they've not been able to tell me anything other than to check in again next week...

2) Why does the Sport Mesh Grille say it's "excluded" when building a car on subaru.com? Can I not add this down the line to my Impreza Premium? I really like the way it makes the car look.

3) Can I purchase the roof rack or 17" 5-spoke grey rims on the Impreza Sport elsewhere, or do I have to go through Subaru direct? I only ask because I couldn't get an Impreza Sport exactly the way I wanted it and ran the numbers, finding it'd be easier (and probably cheaper) to go with the base-Premium initially and then add on later.

4) Is there any way to get rid of (or change) the red leds and lights on the instrument panel? I read a thread about sanding some colors off with fine (300) grit sandpaper, but that was from years ago... I really would prefer something a little less distracting at night, or anytime I'm driving.

5) Can I put HIDs/Xenons in the Impreza? This item on eBay (number 261055873968) looks like it'd fit the bill. Has anyone tried these yet, or something similar?

Any input is appreciated! Thank you!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by arsa13; 11-19-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: added Q5
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote