Here we go again!!
Everyone is invited, ...HOU, DAL, SA, ATX, ...all of TXIC, (and more).
The BIG EVENT 4 presented by Gillman Subaru SW
(1) Special Appearances by Subaru PUMA RallyCross Drivers Dave Mirra & Bucky Lasek:
Best know for his skills on a skateboard, 12-time X Games Skateboard Vert medalist Bucky Lasek began his journey into racing on a shifter kart at his local California track, Moran Raceway.
Soon thereafter, Lasek began driving training at Miller Motorsports park in Tooele, Utah. Consequent racing exposure includes the Skip Barber Racing and Team O'Neil Rally schools, MMRP Mustang Challenge Series, Porsche Cup races, and an intensive rally training regimen at the DirtFish Rally School on Snoqualmie, Washington.
Mirra became a pro BMX rider in 1992 and holds the records for winning the most total X Games medals as well as the most Gold medals. He is one of the world's best known action sports athletes and is credited with bringing freestyle BMX into the mainstream.
Mirra completed a test and training program with SRT USA in late 2007 and ran half of the 2008 Rally America National Championship, earning 2008 Rookie of the Year honors. He impressed everyone in his rally debut at X Games 14, where he earned a Bronze medal after beating top 2 North American drivers in head-to-head heats.
Competing for SRT USA, Mirra added more driving experience in the Rally America National Championship (2009-2011) and rallycross (2010-2011) to his resume. He finished 4th overall for the season in Rally America, and, while competing at summer X Games 17, he narrowly missed a podium finish. He also competed in two 2012 GRC events, garnering 4th and 6th place finishes.
Bucky Lasek and Dave Mirra will be at the event from:
10:00-11:30 & 12:00-1:30 (tentative times)
Don't forget your Sharpie and any memorabilia you'd like autographed. (we will have lots of goodies as well)
Shop Day Info!
The shop will be open at 8am on October 13th.
The 4th installment of the big event as always will be bigger and better than the last! If you were wishing you could have been here for any of the previously held events, well, here’s your chance to be a part of the fun you’ve always heard about!
If you want to bring your car in and work on it post here so I can add your name to the list. Please give the following information:
1. Name and user-name on forum
2. Car year and model
3. Work to be done
As always, we have to follow a few rules. These rules are in place to ensure we can accommodate as many people working on their Subaru as possible, and to provide a safe and fun environment for everyone, both now and so we can continue to provide shop day events.
- We can only accommodate Subaru cars in the shop day portion of the event.
- There will be a required $20 payment to Gillman for using their bays. With this fee you will get two armbands. One band is for you and one for a passenger.
- If you are going to be in the shop you are required to have an armband.
- If you are not working on a car, but want to be in the shop you will need to pay $5 for an armband.
- No one under 13 will be allowed in the shop area.
- No open toed shoes, flip flops, or sandals.
- There is a 2 hour maximum per car per shop bay. If you run over the 2 hour maximum, you will be charged an additional $20, plan your time accordingly.
- The money collected for working on your car, and entry into the shop will help to offset the additional required safety equipment, and other needs for the day.
- All shop owned tools are available for use, but may only be used under supervision by a tech or the shop floor manager.
If you have questions please let me know and I will answer them to the best of my extent.
The techs are coming in on a day off and are not getting paid for this. Tip them for their help! Whether they just lend you their tools, or guide you the whole way through, they are here to help you, so help them.
If anyone has any questions on how much money you should be prepared to tip for the help of the technicians, please feel free to ask!
As a guide for what you should expect to be able to do at the shop day, things such as downpipe, springs, swaybars, turboback, basic services, interior stuff, shifter bushings, CV joints/boots should be things you plan on doing at the shop day. Obviously other jobs can be done too, but remember, if you run over the allotted 2 hours you will be asked to pay the additional $20 for 2 more hours.
Additionally, some of the things you may want to do will be too difficult to accomplish at the shop day, lower control arms, clutch swap, rear main seal, these are examples of things that are going to be too difficult to accomplish, so it will be good to know what you want to do so that we can let you know ahead of time that this may be more than we can tackle at the shop day. Thanks very much for your understanding!
Come on out and have some fun, work on your car and meet some of your fellow Subaru enthusiasts!!!!!