All, please try to be specific about what you plan to do as we would like to be as prepared as possible in the shop.
See the first post for a list of things that are good ideas for the shop day (and examples of things that cannot be done), keep in mind that if you run over the 2 hour limit, it will be another $20. Also remember the alignment rack is also available. As always, first come first served.
As a personal note, here are some additional things (partly from having run the shop days in the past, and partly from having been a technician myself):
1. If you are going to need to buy parts from the parts counter (remember they will be having a Big Event discount), do so BEFORE you are called to go into the shop, this will maximize your time in the shop bay, as soon as your wheels are in the garage, the clock starts, it doesn’t stop if you need to hit the parts counter.
2. Do not forget to check your car before you pull it out of the shop, one of the techs tools might have accidentally been left in the cabin.
3. There's one (1) Alignment rack, In the past, we've been able to do 1 alignment per hour, but they've got a new one, and it has much more appropriate ramps for lowered cars, so we're uncharted for how many we can do!
And be on the look-out for these two SEMA cars to be featured at the Big Event as well!
For additional event info, please see this thread:
1. ProBlur - Jon
Swap out F&R shocks\struts, sways and endlinks and Alignment. Maybe Brakes if time.
2. iconone Vince v
3. Andrew / atomicfire
tranny + diff fluid change, Alignment + TPMS service
cv axle boot replacement and alignment
6. Jason imma_stocker
Pulley swap, bleed brakes, oil pickup swap, fuel pump swap
7. Jason TX2TH
driveline bushings, short shifter, fender rolling if anyone has a roller...
8. Nick Eggert- Nickarub
Wheel alignment.- Hunt down front suspension clunk.
9. Tuan - WRXTuan
Replacing Brake pads/rotors/lines/fluid and Oil Change.
10. Mark Ferring - mferring
2004 WRX Wagon
11. Josh Martin-kooshbag
12. Junkb0y - TJ Tran
60K maintenance and brake job
13. Junkb0y - TJ Tran
2007 WRX wagon
14. Hozer Solis-Hozer3.0
Transmission/diff fluid and coolant flush (possible alignment)
15. Ben Thomas
2012 STI Hatch
Tire & Wheel install, Fender Roll & Alignment
16. lovethebugeye - Chris
Alignment - potentially installing ALK before hand, and lookover brakes, maybe flush brake fluid...i'll have a better idea when it gets a little closer
17. Joshua Chester ~ honorcode3
02 WRX sedan
Install camber bolts (all 4 corners), replace front brake rotors, drain and re-fill power steering, re-grease shocks, replace springs, and ALIGNMENT PLEASE!
18. Aaron Castaneda - (Talon4ever)
Need to install rear camber bolts and get an alignment
19. PearlandSTi - Stephen Duering
Brake pads, rotors, oil change, fluids.
20. Ivan Wong
2011 Hatch WRX
21. Justin - Xio
'11 STi Sedan
Find/fix rear suspension noise. Fix loose rearview mirror. Change Gearbox & Rear Diff oil (I assume the shop has proper fluids on hand for purchase). Downpipe install (maybe).