Scooby Newbie

Member#: 216116
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
09 Impreza 2.5I
14' Triumph America

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedShift View Post
i am sure. but it improves mpg by what, 1 mpg? not worth it imo. but whatever. i think subaru is out of touch right now. i traded the 03 legacy and went with a jetta sportwagen turbo diesel 6mt. really pained me to leave subaru.
Ahh good choice but we're also talking about cars with different objectives in mind. Obviously you were looking for something more sporty but gets good mileage, a la old Legacy Wagon (Which they don't offer in the current Legacy lineup.). Can't offroad in a Jetta Wagon lol. BUT I will admit I was trying to get an 09' Jetta TDI but couldn't afford it . So the Impreza was the next best choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretAZ View Post
I hope you got a good VW. If you are going to go VW, diesel is the only way to go. I had a 2011 Jetta TDI. Like my Impreza Sport 10x better. Was only getting 37MPG in the jetta. Never hit 40 once in the 6k miles I owned it.
Did you mean 60k or just 6k?? If it was just 6k it takes a little bit for cars to get maximum mileage. I couldn't crack 30mpg in the Impreza until after 15k or so.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Imprezzedwitsubies is offline   Reply With Quote