Pretty big update...
unfortunately we had somewhat of a problem in my heads
I was driving two weeks ago on my way to class and the car seemed to get quieter than normal, then stopped working.
After getting it to TPG, Nate pulled all the spark plugs out to use a scope to look inside the combustion chambers and seen an eye lash on the rear cylinder, passenger side. After this, he pulled the head of to find that my Kelford intake cam lobe was ground down, had worn a hole through the bucket as well breaking the valve stem which caused the valve to move freely which is why it slightly hit the piston but did not damage it thank god!
After seeing all this, we fully disassembled the rest of the long block to take it to the machine shop to have fully dismantled, thoroughly cleaned incase metal pieces made its way into the block/other head, and reassembled with a complete Ferrea valvetrain assembly from Josh @ Import Image Racing who has been such a big part of this build before this even happened!
We are not clearly sure what happen/what failed so we are not pointing fingers as of now! One thing we are sure of, is that it was not a machining problem!
The machinist is going to be doing a Rockwell hardness test to compare hardness on the cam lobes to see if that is what failed but if not then oh well, and we move on...
It sucks having to do the heads for a second time but it has given me a chance to rebuild even better this time! I ordered everything a would need from Ferrea(competition plus valves, valve guides, stem seals, lockers, retainers and "dual spring" valve springs) and Cosworth blueprinted oil pump instead of the Supertech valvetrain and OEM oil pump!
One thing I will note is the difference in packaging between Supertech and Ferrea! It may not mean much to some people but simple things such as packaging can show a companies dedication to quality...
For comparison, my Supertech valves were wrapped in a plastic and a rubberband! Now check this stuff out!