I've been thinking for a couple of years that an STI hatch would be the ultimate slick keg delivery car (no, really), but brewers have changed and with a Scandinavian theme to our brews- Odin Brewing, I realized a 9-2x was the way to go. An unfortunate turn of events meant I suddenly had to find a car of my own, and luckily came across a bone stock 9-2X Aero in Northern Utah within a couple of hours of a trip I was taking.
Key issues for this project:
1. Power gains- estimating 330whp with my tuner (Maxwell Power) after moving to an 18G-XT. There's a little sacrifice here, as the car may have to survive 40k miles per year at some point.
2. Comfort/Luxury- Did I mention I drive 40,000 miles a year?
3. Hauling Ability- Looking to carry 5 1/2Barrel kegs at peak which is about 80 liquid gallons, so hellaflush may happen whether I want it or not.
4. Clean look- This might be hauling a couple kegs one day and a sales manager or client the next, so no killing seats for storage or exposed FMIC.
5. Budget- Added this a bit late, but I'm not working on unlimited funds and the wife and I are decidedly middle class. This will be close to 100% my own handiwork and a bit of a challenge since all the cars I've worked heavily on are carbureted.