Scooby Newbie

Member#: 261863
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT /Stg1
ABP

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
cool, yeah I'll be in the e30. WRX is on 330# racecomp springs and bilstein cups and would be extremely uncomfortable on a rallycross course. Plus it doesn't have as much clearance as I would be comfortable with.

And I bought the e30 specifically for this and so I wouldn't be tempted to run the rex

Tires.....should be interesting. You better hope for the Barn Course, since it's usually pretty hard-packed stuff where the Star Specs/SP01's will probably be just as good as anything else. Last time we were on that course I almost changed off the rally tires to put my star specs on the e30 (they're my street tires for that car).....course was as hard as tarmac.

The tires should be fine unless the water truck comes through,
You have exactly what I want, lol. I ride by an E30 everyday after work, it constantly teases me..

I figured that I was pretty much screwed when it came to tires since I don't have a set of steelies and rally tires. So I bought what I thought would benefit me most on a daily basis. My girlfriend wants to start Autocrossing, so the Star Specs will help her with that and it gives me the perfect excuse to buy an E30
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ah2049 is offline   Reply With Quote