NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 200436
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsugg View Post
It's a lot of work piecing a kit together, but it can be done. What kind of experience with this sort of stuff do you have? I ask because the full kits make this project pretty easy. Piecing it together will mean you need to be able to fabricate a few things along the way, as well as be able to have your car out of services for a much longer period of time.

Also, what type of TMIC would you be running?
Not really any experience fabricating anything. I had a feeling I was over simplifying things. I didn't realize anything needed to be fabricated except the elbow from the turbo to the Y pipe. Are the rotated pipes different from other rotated pipes? Are the turbos in those kits different from regular rotated turbos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboothman View Post
Type of TMIC and cars use are important questions. You are going to get more heat soak, which is why a lot of guys run meth with bigger turbo TMIC setups.

This is difficult for me to say, but if you are set on staying with a TMIC, stock location may be cheaper and more logical.
I was planning on using my STi TMIC. I don't necessarily need a huge turbo, I was just looking at rotated b/c it seems easier to wrench on my engine, plus it looks like fitting the intake to the turbo is easier than using a regular inlet which gets quite cramped.

I was making the assumption that the only thing really different was the intake with integrated MAF adapter (which I was thinking about buying and not fabricating) and the turbo to Y pipe elbow.
I appreciate the feedback.
Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Type2 is offline   Reply With Quote