View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #609
Paulie
Top Scoob 001

Member#: 16565
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Aspen White

Ok, ok, I know I said I was finished with this car...

...and that it was in its final specification, blah blah blah.

Yeah right, LOL!

I just can't help myself. My vision of the WRC Tarmac Project will take on a slightly new direction by next year if all goes well (even more "motorsport-ish").

For now though, I figured it's time to document the changes for 2012 since the look of the car has changed slightly.

New for 2012:

- Oswald Performance Lightweight Subframe
- Oswald Performance Lightweight Rear Bumper Beam
- Oswald Performance Under Mount Kit
- TIC Fender braces
- TIC Rear X Brace
- The Driveshaft Shop 1 Piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
- Cobb Tuning Lightweight Main Pulley
- JDM Oh ***** handle delete

- Lightweight 3 Piece Track Day Window Kit from the UK by Plastics for Performance (same manufacturer as the actual WRC car!). Rear door windows and rear window made out of preformed, precut hardcoated Lexan - OEM fit with Black border on the rear window like OEM

- Ecliptech "Shift I" programmable sequential shift light custom installed on top of steering wheel (so it moves with the wheel). What a night mare to figure this one out, no wonder no one tried it...

- Racing Sparco Cheetah NS-6 wheels in Matte Black with OEM stickers in White replicated by Greg Lilly of Underground Graphics in Houston, TX.

- Revised door stickers (colors are reversed) and WTCC style driver name on rear window and windshield.

Because my wheels will no longer fit when the car takes a sligthly new direction next year, I've decided to sell the White Enkei RC-T4's and use the Racing Sparco wheels to drive around on for now. The Sparco's were painted White, but because of the brake pads I use, I got tired of cleaning my wheels every time I take the car out so I decided to have them coated Matte Black.

They came out great. Just when I thought any changes I make to this car asthetically would ruin it, I end up falling in love with it all over again

And the bonus now is I can go for much longer without having to clean my wheels

- Paulie
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote