Old 09-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #16
Ilovecugars
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 299442
Vehicle:
2005 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type2 View Post
Would Dave's adapter plate eliminate the necessity to purchase an entirely new rotated downpipe? Will it align up properly (i.e. not too high above the TMIC?). If so, that's a super cheap option and we may be on to something... What about EWG? I like how Perrin vents to the exhaust as opposed to atmosphere. I suppose I could run an IWG turbo... Really just looking for a cheap rotated setup using my TMIC to clean up the engine bay.

You will have to have some sort of rotated down pipe because the turbo now sits turned to an angle from the front of the car so inlet can be aimed towards the fender wall and not under the intake manifold. You will also want to get a down pipe with a different flange like a t3/t4 or v bands to get away from the stock mitsu style flange to take advantage of the more turbo options.

You can order the adaptor with a flange for ewg but you will then need to get receiving tubing fab into your down pipe to keep it from vent to atmosphere.

It would be great if some had a could rotated dp to bolt up to the adaptor and turbo and see if one worked well, it would save alot of time and guess work. But I don't think the adaptor is very popular for some reason (even tho it's a great idea) so it unlikely someone will do the test fitting.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ilovecugars is offline   Reply With Quote