Scooby Guru

Member#: 26859
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
of TXIC
I also like (oYo)!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2cpc View Post
I modded when I was young, my first "tuned" 4 cylinder was in 1972, and the warranty thing.
I'm not quite as wise as you, but I modded my first 4 cylinder when I was about 16 (interestingly, it was a horizontally opposed 4 cylinder, and I bet a lot of us not so young folk cut their teeth on a boxer before eventually ending with Subaru's version of the boxer), and that was more moons ago than I care to admit, but less moons than you have admitted to!

I'm certainly not as crazy as I used to be when it comes to modding, but I just can't leave well enough alone, but age has taught me how much I really 'need' to have fun and enjoy the drive, and I don't waste my time with the other crap.

I'm not quite sure why you put 'tuned' in quotes, I'd say the laptop tuning done today isn't quite the same as twiddling set screws on dual carbs so each bank of cylinders is running as close as possible to the same fuel mixture, that took talent, luck and a fair bit of hard lessons. tuning these days, well, it's more precise, and certainly the hard lessons are there to learn, but you don't have to be quite as lucky, or talented, just experienced and good with math.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.