View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #63
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 309834
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
2006 Impreza 2.5i

Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
They can use whatever they want. They aren't mandated by subaru to use stock stuff. So as a parts manager who wants to make profit they will buy what will make them the most that meets the minimum requirements by subaru. Quite frankly most of subaru's stuff is way over priced compared to the aftermarket.

So your statemtment that they use the wrong oil is incorrect. They use the proper weight that meets the requirements that subaru wants. Then they will stock synthetic stuff as well as subaru synthetic oil.

I wasn't implying that they use the wrong oil, I was implying that they don't stock the correct oil.

Where is an STI owner going get EXTRA-S? Can't buy it it in quarts, they come in 5 gallon containers.

Why should an STI owner have to look else where other than the dealership if he wants EXTRA-S just because the dealerships don't stock it. Shouldn't SOA force the dealerships to sell stuff that's required in the manual?

I was just stating that just because the manual say "X" should be use, doesn't mean that the dealership will use "X" stated by the manual, which is ironic.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
csari0 is offline   Reply With Quote