Member#: 294620
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSubieLove

Great way to start my day.........

Driving on route 2 and a huge paving truck in front of me hits a bump and a HUGE glob of tar or something came off of it and was bouncing all over the highway. I swerved to avoid it and it hit my bumper/foglight directly and cracked it in half and scratched my paint.... FML!

Oh and my clutch feels like it is going and it squeaks whenever I push the clutch in. Does that mean I need to tighten my clutch cable or spray it or anything? Never really had many clutch problems so I am fairly unfamiliar with them. Any help would be appreciated.

Going to put my winter car search into overdrive now. I got too many problems with the bugeye so the second I get my winter/commuter car on the road I am putting the bugeye into storage. Sucks but I can't afford to fix the damn thing right now and its one thing after another lately with it. Car hits 10 years old and just wants to **** with me now I guess.
Sue the government! Lol

For the squeak it could be as simple as the joint where the pedal and the push rod meet, or could just be any other joints like the slave cylinder pushing on the fork, or the fork pivoting on the tranny or the bearing moving up and down on the shaft. A squeak doesn't necessarily tell you that your clutch is bad, a bad clutch is when your springs stiffen, start to loose grip especially on high revs, or worse case you can't shift when you depress the clutch. I wouldn't sweat it. Just try lubing the slave to fork joint you might have to remove the slave to actually get between them use bearing grease or white lithium would work decently as bearing grease. And for the pedal use white lithium or silicone spray. Hope this helps :O
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.