View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #3175
Scooby Guru
Member#: 48219
Chapter/Region: MAIC
. Always drive
the race line .

Originally Posted by glhs377 View Post
and 321 does crack, WILL crack. just has more longevity. an amount that's unnecessary and doesn't justify any extra costs. like yeah, i know this plastic 30c bic pen works, BUT IT COULD BE MADE OUT OF CARBON FIBER to reduce the flex and weight, and the inks could be nano-filtered the ball tip could be nano machined to have a golfball higher ink transfer coefficient and less friction, the fukkin thing COULD be made to a standard that is unsupported by it's use. as a reasonable human, i dont want a $50k pen,
Is there anything out there that doesn't break given enough cycles? And to generalize cost justification is futile because everyone's time is worth differently to each. Same with the cost of reliability.

Though, I do like your pen analogy. You certainly are no stranger to exaggeration. 321 is almost exactly twice as expensive as 304. Not the 10 times or 100 times or whatever your analogy said. Though strangely enough, you do recommend getting a pen that is 3 times more expensive than a 30c Bic pen... Why? Both are just as good at doing what they are supposed to; communicate written words to others. So why get something 'outlandishly' expensive like a Uniball when a Bic pen is a fraction of the cost?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by MRF582; 09-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.
MRF582 is offline   Reply With Quote