Old 09-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
KillerBMotorsport
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Guys, thanks so much for the kind words!

The goal of this kit is to provide OEM responsiveness (+200wtq by 3,000 RPMs, with the pull starting at 2,500RPMs) but provide significantly more power. Making big power is good fun, but I really didn't want to take a hit in streetability, because I want to DRIVE it everyday and not have to rev it to the roof to make the power... And track competitiveness and reliability is important as many of us often find outselves at a motorsports events on the weekends

Here is a plot with the 0.82 A/R, showing power going a bit higher in the revs than I'd like for OEM heads, but we were curious when it started to fall.

The car drove fairly well, but the tune needed improvement, as the plot shows, and I really wanted to go Speed Density as well as make a few other small changes. So I swapped the housing and headed to EFI Logics.

Worked with Garrett on this part. According to some simulations and actually testing they had previously done, this housing 'adapter' actually improves surge characteristics and has no negative effects on power capability. So far, we can't tell any difference.

Here the scavenge pump. Took a bit to get it sorted out, but it works flawlessly now
Bracket mounts to OEM tapped holes and is made from 1/8" thick stainless.

Mock up bumper beam shown here. The 'real' one is 1" square solid steel. Intercooler end tanks are just tacked together here and the the radiator placement tested. Extremely close to the end fitment.

Real bumper beam shown here with bumper mounting points and intercooler mounting. Pluming from compressor outlet to intercooler inlet is ~9" total, so shorter and with fewer bends than an OEM TMIC.

Exhaust gasses perfectly straight in and straight out. This gives the absolute maximum potential turbine efficiency. According to Garrett anyway, who am I to argue

Guys thanks again! As always, the comments, questions and concerns are always welcome. Since someday this may be an available product, we want to make sure we don't miss anything
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote