simplystockwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 314737
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
SWP

Default 2011-2012 Intercooler to Throttle body hose question

Yesterday I was cleaning my motor this dude stops by and asked if I had a problem with my '12 WRX? After I told him I had no issues then he went on to say that he owned an '11 WRX with around 12,000 miles that was currently at the dealer getting repaired. He was running a Stage 2 set up of some sort and under boost his "intercooler to throttle body hose" was saturated with oil due to blow by and slipped off enough to cause a decently audible whine and vacuum leak. Dude also said Subaru is aware of this issue and is trying to figure out a work-around but would not warranty. I'm guessing the warranty refusal is from the Stage 2 setup. This is all hear say from someone I don't even know and I'm curious if this has happened to anybody else with a 2009+ WRX? Is this possible? Would an AOS fix this issue if there is such an issue? My car is completely stock and I'm driving back to Cali from WV in a few days and I was thinking about removing my intercooler just to check **** out. Before I do that I thought I'd ask around 1st.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
simplystockwrx is offline   Reply With Quote