View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #64
Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Originally Posted by jvsoundwave View Post
KillerB Is killin it with this awesome set-up! Lovin the work guys.
Id Like to see it with a Twin Scroll setup as well. I could see myself going with this setup later next year, if you guys have it all done by then
Thanks for the kind words! The Tial housing is the only way to fit the turbo in that location. This setup should produce better numbers than traditionally located TS turbos though

Originally Posted by reid-o View Post
Well the idea is that egbp data can help one choose a/r and turbine selection a tad better other than just the dyno plots. I'd think that a/r selection should be a tad different than a traditional up pipe version.
For example evos can get away with .63 housings in combinations that would choke a suby. It would be nice to look at another data set.
Theoretically this setup should allow a tad more top end with the smaller turbine or better spool with the larger turbine, but the dyno plot will only show the tuners tuning strategy. We can only guess the reason for a torque fall off for example. Anyways just a thought.

It would be good data since you have different housing and are switching turbos.
I agree that the data would be useful to some, but I think the majority are going to choose the A/R based on the plot and the results they are looking for. Maybe I'm wrong.

The really nice part is how easy it is to change the turbine out. Drop the subframe support, remove 3 v-bands and you're there. The turbo itself doesn't even have to come out or get disconnected. Half a day with a tuner and you can swap them out for different events, daily driving etc. Much easier than changing an oil pickup
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote