BlackBeastie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 11846
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
-== TMYK☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilapia View Post
I don't quite get this because there are a variety of UI. TouchWiz, Sense, Stock, Motorola's version... You can customize it to look how you want, I'm sure you know that. So if you are willing to jailbreak your iphone, why can't you also mess with the UI on an android phone? Probably could make it look like an iphone if you wanted. I can't imagine it's more effort.
I have used sammy and moto phones on VZW, and I have used sammy touchwiz phones on t-mobile as well as a galaxy nexus. They are different skins for the most part with a few major changes from the standard OS. I would only be happy with a nexus product because I need to have the latest software updates on the day they are released and they have to be for my particular phone. I know that I could flash a rom, but I really have no desire to do that or keep up with it in user forums. I stopped jailbreaking my iphone a long time ago, couldn't be happier. The main difference for me is, and I know many of you are going to hate this, is that the iOS UI feels more intuitive and that's an important distinction for me because I'm a UX designer, so good UI weighs heavy. This isn't to say that Android has bad UI, I just like iOS better at the moment.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
BlackBeastie is offline   Reply With Quote