Scooby Guru

Member#: 32792
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2003 GGA MBP
12.9 / 105+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
One of the guys who mentored me when I was getting started with tuning swears that 12:1 is perfectly reasonable in Subarus. He tunes with less timing than those of us who run 11:1, of course. He just doesn't talk much about this on NASIOC because NASIOC isn't friendly to people who don't adhere to conventions.
i think that's bull****.

if you have the data to back something up, then you have the data to back something up. have the intestinal fortitude to share what you have and give back to the community, and take the potshots from the naysayers.

how many folks stood with me when i took on full race's ridiculously inflated claims of how much power their magic headers were going to make?

how many folks were running 20+ psi on a td04 in 2004? or pulled a 4.4 mafv?

how many folks told me a 0.040 gap was going to blow my coils?

how many folks thought the egt "limit" of 1600*f was arbitrary?

how many folks tried running 15 or 16:1 at cruise to test fuel economy benefits?

you can tune a car to run any combustible afr you want. some will have definite advantages over others. the fact remains that the majority of "best results" on subaru FI boxers cluster around 11:1 on 93 octane for best torque. do a little searching on this forum and that fact would present itself, and tell you far more than a number out of a general tuning book. to dismiss the collective wisdom here, and to insinuate that no one else has the balls to try things out themselves and share their results, is disrespectful and myopic.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ride5000 is offline   Reply With Quote