Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325046
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 STi
SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaz904 View Post
I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to register so I could respond to this post. Do you feel like you are getting the attention you deserve now?

I ordered a 2012 back in the first week of May, I missed the order banks closing by about a week but was told by my dealer that they would work to locate one and were still due allocations of 2012's. Never happened, and my order was rolled into a 2013. (DGM 5 Door Limited with NAV), though I've told my dealer that both the NAV and the color were flexible if it meant getting one sooner.

To this point, I haven't recieved any info, VIN, eta, etc... I don't even know if the dealer actually placed a special order, or if they are just searching for one to be allocated. The dealer has told me that their subaru rep has my order and it's a priority for them to get me one. The frustrating thing is there is no end in sight. I'd rather have an eta of November and know when it's coming in then going through the motions every 4 weeks of calling my dealer for an update, waiting for a call back, being told no dice but that it's almost certainly going to be next month. I've thought i was getting this car 4 different months already. I'm still in the long haul, but it's an incredibly frustrating one. I'm incredibly jealous of you that you have a September ETA.

I have had an almost identical experience. Ordered in early May and was rolled into a 2013 that I will be getting today. If you have not already, I would call Subaru of America. I contacted them right before the order system for 2013 opened up on Aug 15th. The rep from SOA was nothing but helpful and gave me a case number to reference. She also provided me with periodic updates. She was able to provide me with the VIN after my sales rep stated he can not give me a VIN until the day the car arrives (she gave it to me 7-10 days before the carr arrived yesterday).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
E_House is offline   Reply With Quote