Scooby Newbie

Member#: 226331
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
Dirty Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank the ek View Post
I just noticed on a highway trip that gauge was hanging around one dash mark below half. It then jumped up to half, and then right back down one dash. Couldn't film it since I was on the highway, so no proof. And it only seemed to happen once. Anybody get a fix for this yet?
What year and model car? Also, your location? Fill out your profile.

My dealership got a Field Service Engineer out to look at mine. Engineer couldn't figure it out either. I'm putting together something for SOA, but I've been working like a dog so I haven't really gotten around to it.

Dealership tech replaced the thermostat, didn't make a difference. He took quite a few logs of the temps and sent them to SOA. They said they don't have a fix, but are looking into it. Apparently when the dealership tech called the Subaru Tech Line, no one had heard of this problem. However, the field service engineer said he had seen it before, but wasn't aware of a fix.

I should also say that my temp gauge needle moves only slightly (about 1 notch below the middle when coasting down a hill), unlike the video in the OP. There may be two distinct problems here.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bicycle_wreck is offline   Reply With Quote