View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #430
H0D0R
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332669
Exclamation Possible issue 2008 Legacy GT

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this but I couldn't find a more appropriate thread and I am unable to create a new thread because I just created this account.

I just got a 2008 GT last week and am very pleased, but with one possible issue. I have a steep uphill driveway where it is possible to stall-out from not giving enough gas. Thankfully, the first time I stalled the GT was in the driveway and not on a road, because I was unable to restart. The entire car would power on with lights, radio and everything internal, but nothing whatsoever sent to the engine, so it seems like some computer-related issue.
I tried every possible combination I could think of such as trying from reverse, neutral, or first, parking brake on/off, putting the key into different positions and taking it out completely. I honestly do not know exactly what if anything I did different, but it eventually turned on after about 5-10 minutes so I parked in the garage and left it for the night.
The next day I intentionally tried to reproduce the issue to see if it would happen again and if I could figure out what triggered it to eventually work. The same thing occurred and nothing I tried was working at all. I eventually 'gave up' and was just going to park in the driveway so I opened the door to go inside. I figured what the hell, I should try one last time, and lo and behold, it did start up. Therefore, the only thing I can think is that opening the door reset or cleared something related to the stalling but that doesn't really make sense.
I called the dealer and scheduled a service appointment for next week but I figure that it wouldn't hurt to ask here if anyone has experienced anything similar or has suggestions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
H0D0R is offline   Reply With Quote