sandwich14
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328613
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI
SWP

Default New ARK DT-S Exhaust for 2011+ Sedan

Just got it today in the mail and got a chance to install it. I would definitely recommend it. It not only keeps the boxer rumble, but accentuates it. Check out this sound video I made up real quick. More to come, including SPL measurements. And for anyone that's interested, it is approximately 18.9 lbs heavier than stock. No downpipe, uppipe, headers or anything. The catback is my only mod so far.

Update 9/20: Unboxing Pictures

Bible verse on the box. Take it or leave it, I liked it

Very well packaged

...and protected

High quality materials and welding

Burnt tips w/ Ark logo

Installed: took about 1 hour alone. Then took another hour plus a friend to get the tips lined up right.

SPL:

Idle in car (warm)- 65 dB
Neutral 3k rpm in car- 74 dB
Neutral 5k rpm in car- 76 dB
Idle 24 inches from tailpipe (warm)- 82 dB
Smooth road 40 mph (5th)- 79 dB
Smooth road 50 mph (6th)- 79 dB
Highway 70 mph (6th)- 81 dB
1st gear WOT- waiting for the 1000 mile landmark

Compared to my measurements before the exhaust, the sound levels are averaging out to 8.5% louder than stock. Will update as I add more.

Measured these several times and took an average using the app on my phone... haha jk. Used some generic SPL meter I got from amazon. Keep in mind I do not have an aftermarket down pipe, so that will add a bit to your noise levels.

Working on a video with several shots in and out of the car. Will be on youtube within a week, and I'll post a link when it's up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by sandwich14; 10-01-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Updated
sandwich14 is offline   Reply With Quote