Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by delongedoug View Post
So no rollbar? Harness bar, really?
Yep harness bar no roll bar. At my level there is no need for a roll bar, and I wanted to have access to my rear seats if in an emergency I needed to pile people in. My build has followed my mantra of do it right the first time or don't do it. If I felt I needed additional safety equipment I would have skipped the roll bar and done a proper roll age cage gusseted to the chassis with dimple die plates. Of course, this means a completely gutted and caged race car which was not the purpose of this build and overkill for my project goals at this time. Maybe in the future but it does not fit my current goals as I do not feel a caged car should be driven on the street without a helmet. This is still my daily driver so no cage.

For me skip the roll bar, if you truly feel you need one then you need a proper roll cage. It's kind of like accusump's, if you truly feel you need one then what you really need is a dry sump. For me and my goals, I think I already went a step or two overboard on safety equipment for my goals. I hope at some point to get the car and my driving skills to the point where I need a cage.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote