NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Eye View Post
Good to hear that they took care of you. Did it cost more than $1500.00? Regarding your disposable income, why don't you upgrade to a STI?
Sorry, I missed this somehow.

The shop that did the work made sure it cost exactly $1500 since they're my buddies. I thought the local dealership people were my buddies, too, seeing as how I've gone there for 6 years, bought my car from there and my brother bought his 2011 STI Limited from there last fall, but all that didn't entitle my case or car being fought for with SoA, so I had to take on SoA myself.

I had an STI. I didn't get an STI again because I've come to realize that, honestly, the STI is more purpose-built towards competition. I never make time to compete, so as a daily driver the STI is overkill. The increased 2MPG of the WRX and being 200lbs light AND having one less gear to row through is what appealed to me. for what I wound up paying for the WRX Limited back in August of 2010 I could've just got a base STI, but I just HAD to have a sunroof.

I hate that Subaru makes you compromise with these cars. WHY can't we have black leather interior with all of the cars? Wouldn't it just cost less? Who really WANTS ivory interior? Seriously? It just seems counter-intuitive to think of Subaru's go anywhere attitude and then accepting their white interior. SMH.

MPG is still important to me, so I'm still not interested in the STI, currently. I drove the 2010 STI. I liked it, but it just felt heavy, although solid. Currently I'm waiting to accept delivery of a certain RWD coupe that I ordered back in April that should be arriving next week, so that's where I'll be spending my disposable income.

Thanks for the concern!

@Reverend_: I'm so jealous!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote