Old 09-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #403
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Picked up the karlton fender flares on Tuesday. I can not tell you how nice these flares are, they look absolutely amazing on his car. It will be nice to have no problems fitting larger rubber when I upgrade my motor drivetrain package. These flares easily swallow 295's on a 10.5 wheel with a +15 offset. I will be sticking with my current rim/tire combo for the time being , as 275's are plenty of tire for my current power level (a relatively low 330-350 whp, still waiting to be dyno'd until body work is completely). I have been crazy busy with work but will post pics up soon. I have an appointment scheduled with a highly recommended body shop from some friends of mine who will be attaching the flares, painting them wrb and blending, as well as installing the quick release front bumper. Very impressed with these flares, as well as finding a body shop that knew exactly how I want things done and can do it. More pics and updates to follow. I can not tell you how nice and meaty these flares look on the car, huge thanks to karlton for bringing such a nice product to the market, as well as his advice and guidance throughout my build.

Oh, earlier this week finished plotting out all my suspension pickup points, all measured now I just need to transfer the measurements to graph paper and map out my suspension geometry. I am hoping to run a 15mm spacer like t3h_clap recommended, but need to see exactly how it will affect my scrub radius and kpi. Was gonna graph it out this week but work got in the way, but all the hard parts are done, now it is just transplanting coordinates to graph paper. Very important as I wanted to check my roll couple and instant centers as well, so I really needed to do this step but had been dragging my feet. More updates to follow, hopefully everything will work out properly.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote