Old 09-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #234
TurboQuad4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 274271
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1994 SVX
Black

I have a set of Fortune Auto 500's on mine.
For coil-overs you can use a set for an 05-07 STi, with a few modifications...

On the front, the coil over goes right onto the knuckle, but you'll have to elongate the bottom hole a little. Then you either have to drill 2 new holes in the shock tower due to the spacing difference, or you can press the 2 rear studs out of the camber plates, redrill in the stock SVX location, then press them back in. I opted for redrilling the tower on mine, no issues yet.

The back is a little more labor intensive. You only have to redrill 1 hole in the tower, but you have to grind down the knuckle mounting area thinner (takes a while depending on what you use). IIRC I had to take off 1/4"

As far as a BBK, I'm using 05-07 STi Brembo's. I haven't got the fronts done yet, but the caliper bolts directly up to the SVX knuckle, BUT it's out farther so you'll need to find a bigger rotor than the STi. I believe an Evo X rotor will work, but haven't torn mine apart yet to confirm this. And you'll also need at least 18's to clear the calipers.

The rear is a straight swap out with the backing plate and all right onto the SVX knuckle.

~Chris@MooreAutomotive
'94 SVX
'08 Evo X GSR
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TurboQuad4 is offline   Reply With Quote