We see variations of this question all day long...
-"shud i git teins or a bov?"
-"new tires or new rimzz?"
-"im stage2 what should i get next for 400hp?"
-"hey guys brand new 2012 wrx hatch how do i make it hella flush?"
-"i have a leaky turbo but i want MOAR POWR what do i do next?"
Usually they start with ignorant questions like this and end in flames.
Occasionally you'll find a thread with a legitimate question from someone on the fence about where to go for their next mod but they're few and far between. That's where this thread comes in! Everyone's car is at different stages and different levels of modification so it is understandable to have unique questions/situations.
Rules of the game
1. You must have already read Unibomber's Manifesto and any other FAQ's/stickies that apply.
2. You must tell us your model year and type of car.
3. You must give us a brief but coherent description of current mods.
4. You must give us your immediate goals and primary usage(dd, track, etc.)
5. You must give a set of multiple choice options
6. You must have already researched the options you give us
1. No flames
2. No random or off-topic suggestions
3. Once a question has been answered, do not continue to beat a dead horse
4. Give legitimate reasons and advice
5. Quote the question you're answering
This thread is designed to be fun but also help guide people with legitimate questions about what to do next in their build. There are thousands of options out there and sometimes you'll find yourself on the fence. A little push in one direction or the other might help you out.
Hopefully this works! Who knows, maybe it'll just turn into a crapstorm.
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
I'll go first:
2004 WRX sedan.
daily driver, mostly freeway, but like some spirited mountain drives on the weekend. function always trumps fashion for me.
Currently running OTS cobb stage1. Catless uppipe, all shifter upgrades(tic pivot bushing, tic linkage update, kartboy shift lever, kartboy front and rear stay bushings), H6 rear brakes, tranny crossmember bushings, and rear endlinks.
I CANNOT for the life of me decide what to do next, but here are my options:
a) front and rear sway bars(i would get the front endlinks too)
b) MOAR bushings(rear diff mount and outrigger bushings, steering rack bushings, tranny and engine mounts)
c) d-specs or koni inserts to go with the sti springs sitting in my closet