View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #571
WaveBye
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 270425
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX

You should have good luck with the PR3's. Every rider & bike is different, but I got 9k out of the last set on the Sprint ST, which beat the PR2's by a few k miles, and that was much better than the stock Bridgestones. The PR3 mileage included a 3500 mile trip through Colorado last month, covering heat, cold, rain, sleet (Pikes Peak), and some wild fog on Hoosier Pass! I probably could have gone to 10k miles, but a scaffold nail from work decided to go in the center & come out the sidewall. Fun.

The trip was really good though, and I would highly recommend the route & stops. I was following a bicycle race, but covered: Houston-Abilene-Lubbock-Las Vegas NM-Taos-Pagosa Springs-Durango-Ouray-Telluride-Montrose-Gunnison-Crested Butte-Monarch & Independence Passes-Aspen-Snowmass-Redstone-Paonia-Leadville-Beaver Creek-Breckenridge-Pikes Peak-Colorado Springs-Raton NM-Lubbock-Abilene-Houston, in 300-500 mile days. Next year I hope to go back & do some riding north of I-70, too. Oh yeah, and I need to do the Million Dollar Highway again, this time not is a c-o-l-d rainstorm.

Helping a friend move to the Ozarks next weekend. He said if I ride his FJR up while he drives the U-haul, he will fly me home. Of course, instead of the direct 600mi route to his new place, I may have to make the trip a bit more, um, scenic! Maybe 3 days & 1200 or so miles would cover much of the fun northern Arkansas roads!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WaveBye is offline   Reply With Quote